Gimme S'mores (Pizza, That Is)!

Monday, May 14, 2012

We're back, everybody! We took a week off our pizza eating while I was traveling for business, and unfortunately my bag containing my laptop and camera (among other things) was taken from the train I was on during that trip. Bugger.

Thankfully, I had already saved a few shots to my other computer of the last pizza we had before my trip. My old college roommate and his wife were visiting from several states away, so we wanted to do something a little fun and different. They'd never had a Papa Murphy's pizza before. We decided that instead of a more traditional choice, pizza for dessert sounded like just the ticket, so we picked ourselves up a S'mores Pizza!



The S'mores Pizza couldn't have been a bigger hit. I've had dessert pizzas before and they were okay, but most of the ones I've liked have had one of three key ingredients: apples, caramel, and cinnamon, or any combination thereof. They were really more akin to a pie or a cinnamon roll than a pizza. The S'mores pizza, on the other hand, comes off looking a bit more like a normal pizza that's been invaded by fanciful toppings. My only hesitation with the S'mores pizza was how the pizza crust would taste combined with the other ingredients; I didn't really want to feel like I was just eating a regular pizza with marshmallows and chocolate, after all. Thankfully, the S'mores didn't disappoint, and tasted like a real sweet treat. It comes topped with real Hershey’s® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and mini marshmallows. There is also some sort of "crisp topping" whose ingredients I'm not sure of aside from the oats you can clearly make out. (And a special thanks to our reader Celeste who brought to my attention the amount of extra work that goes into this pizza and making it so special - there is also a chocolate chip folded into every individual braid in the outer crust ring itself! Chocolate stuffed crust - yummm!)

Fresh from the wrapper
I hope whoever stole our camera at least makes good
use of its awesome macro mode. This looks so yummy!

Once thoroughly browned, it looked like a true dessert. And even better, it certainly tasted the part! This is one we'll definitely be picking up again to take with us to gatherings when we're asked to bring along a dessert, and I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone with a sweet tooth.

It turned out perfect!
Deliciously golden-brown
8 Slices for 6 people ... somebody's going to get hurt.

I had pictures of our friends giving their seal of approvals as they enjoyed their desserts out on the patio with us, but alas, I didn't get those pulled off the camera before its untimely disappearance. So you'll have to make do with this point-of-view shot ... if you hold your nose and cover yours ears while staring intensely, you might be able to trick your brain into thinking it's about to really get a bite. That should hold you over for at least 30 minutes, which gives you plenty of time to go pick up one of your own.  :)

If you have the means, I highly recommend getting out of your chair and picking one of these up immediately!

2 comments:

  1. Hey I work there! So much love goes into the braiding of that crust <3 A chip in each braid :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, that's really cool! Thanks for adding that info to the review. I actually remember seeing a TV spot now where they prepared this pizza during a little 4-minute cooking segment, and the person making it was folding a chocolate chip into each little segment of the outer crust. I remember thinking, "Wow, that's a lot of work going into these!" I had forgotten all about that until you mentioned it - thanks for contributing!

      Delete